Case Study – Operations and Maintenance Training
Operations and Maintenance Manual Production and Training Services– High Speed Rail Transport
Vision Skill was invited by a Japanese consortium to produce strategies and plans for the production of Operations and Maintenance Manuals (O&M Manuals) and Training Courses for all E&M systems of a high speed rail in Taiwan. VSC in this project produced the O&M Manual Standards and Master Plan, the Training Course Curriculum and Master Plan, the O&M and training manuals of the majority of the sub-systems. VSC also delivered a number of important operations courses preparing key staff to launch the railway.
O&M Manuals produced for the following sub-systems:
- Power Supply/Uninterrupted Power Supply
- Wayside E&M
- Rolling Stock (Operations)
- Overhead Catenary System (OCS)
- Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS)
- Driving System
- Public Address
- Passenger Information
- Train Control
- Common Network
- Plant monitoring and control system
Training manuals are produced and also translated into Traditional Chinese. Some of these training courses are also delivered to the Client:
- Training Skills Course
- System Awareness Course
- Driving Simulator Course
- MMIS (Operations) -Schedule Planning Training
- MMIS (Maintenance) Training
- Operation Controller Training
- Station and Depot Operations
- Driver Course
- Maintenance course for signalling, communication systems (PA and Radio), power control, power supply, wayside E&M, driving simulator, OCS.
Involvement of Vision Skill
VSC conducted the training needs study, training design, development and production of training courses and examination, management of on-the-job training and practices. VSC also assisted the clients in assessment and certification of trainees; production of specifications for computer-based training and test track, and also offered course and examination administration services.
VSC has successfully delivered all essential O&M and training manuals to the client. Training courses were delivered to the local trainers who have subsequently rolled out all courses to the O&M staff before revenue operations.